Minna Maria

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

AN UNIQUE WEEK IN FINLAND

Ohh, now it is Monday evening and I am back in Denmark.
We got back here last night from Finland. Yesterday was a bit hard day for me.
I cried a bit when I was packing for my return to Denmark. I wish to stay in Finland longer, as my is in there. Anyway I`m ok now and happy to study still with some more new and exciting with Frontrunners :)

We arrived Finland last week on Monday.
On Tuesday I visited the WFD`s meeting with Jerry and Vivien. Vivien is the WDFYS President so she is needed in the WFD`s meeting. Jerry and I watched all day and were very very interested! I felt like a scuba in a book and learned a lot about Deaf organisation.
Thanks must go to Vivien because she arranged the visit and gave us an opportunity to know the WFD`s board, burgers and Presidents!!
Now I know how they ”tend to” on our world... Very interesting, it is hard to explain with words.
The meeting gave me a lot to think about. The meting had showed me how the management in the board works. For me, they managed perfectly and in order which is very clear. But, of course the WFD has many, many things to do to make Deaf world better!! We all know that too.

On Wednesday the WFD held an educational workshop, but we were in there for only half day.
It was also interested to see. In the afternoon we watched Finnish Deaf`s Theatre ”Tähän asti tuntematon”, was good theatre :) But it was a big bother for international Deaf people because the performers signed in Finnish, not International Sign. Anyway, they did say that it was nice to watch.

About the International Conference of the WFD "Our Rights- Our Future" 30.9-1.10
Information is in www.frontblog.com so, visit there then :)
My thoughts on the WFD`s conference 2 days was very interested and I liked it very much!! Many good topics. In the evening, the WFD had a Centenary Cultural Party and Buffet in association with the Finnish Association of the Deaf, there were about 1000 people. There were different performances etc. The people drank wines with buffet and of course talking and talking! Great time! :)

THANK YOU ALL, FAD!
And to my family and friends :)